What is the Enhanced Care Management program?
We ensure individuals and families have access to all the resources they need to stay healthy, empowered, and informed.
Enhanced Care Management and Community Supports (ECM & CS) provided by the Children’s Institute supports eligible Medi-Cal recipients with medical needs and chronic conditions with personalized care to address needs and meet goals. This includes care coordination, system navigation, and full range support for health services to improve day-to-day living and wellbeing.
As part of the ECM benefit, you will get help finding doctors, making appointments, understanding your medicines and connecting you to services in the community such as food and housing services, job counseling, or other services. Please note that this benefit is not meant to replace your doctor’s treatment plan. It is very important that you talk to your doctor about your health care needs. We are here to support your health care with extra help you may need.
Depending on your health conditions and circumstances, we can meet you at your preferred setting, in your home, at a doctor’s office, or in your community. This is what makes Enhanced Care Management different from other programs.
Is it free?
YES! For Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Am I eligible?
You may qualify if you or your children have experienced issues including:
- Frequent visits to the emergency room
- Recently incarcerated
- Chronic or complex health conditions, such as:
- Heart attack or stroke
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- Struggle with mental health or substance use disorders
- Complex social stressors impacting your health
- Current or Former Foster Youth
What kind of support can I get?
We can help with:
- Referral to community support services, such as housing tenancy & sustaining services.
- Find and apply for low-cost or free community programs and services, including food benefits
- Set up appointments and find doctors
- Schedule transportation and go with you to doctor visits
- Better understand your medications
- Get follow up services after a hospital stay
- Assessment and care planning customized to your needs
- Assistance with employment support
- Skill-building such as creating a budget
- Health Promotion activities
How do I sign up?
Fill out the interest form below to see if you qualify, and a Children’s Institute Care Coordinator will be in touch to get you started.