May is Mental Health Month!
For more than 100 years, Children’s Institute (CII) has supported children and families in healing from traumatic experiences. Every year, CII impacts the lives of 30,000 children and families across Los Angeles, where decades of underinvestment and racist policies have resulted in poverty and lack of opportunity — from Echo Park to Watts to Long Beach. Our two-generation model includes high-quality early education and youth programs, counseling services, parenting supports and advocacy for community investment where it is needed most. But there is more work to be done so that all children have equitable access to opportunities, families have pathways to prosperity, and communities are healthy and safe.
This May, let’s work together to challenge the stigma around mental health, break generational cycles of trauma, and ensure that kids and families in Los Angeles have equitable access to high-quality, culturally competent mental health care.
Download graphics below to share on your social media channels.
You can mix and match or share them all. Copy and paste the template captions or write your own. Whatever you decide, thank you for playing your part in destigmatizing mental health care!
MENTAL HEALTH MONTH AWARENESS
- Did you know that May is #MentalHealthMonth? Join me in spreading the word so that we can challenge stigmas surrounding mental health, because no one should have to struggle alone. Together, we can promote healing and prioritize wellness. childrensinstitute.org
- May is #MentalHealthMonth! Let’s work together to challenge stigmas around mental health and break the cycle of generational trauma. Learn more: childrensinstitute.org
Calls to action: GETTING HELP & GIVING SUPPORT
- May is #MentalHealthMonth, and I support equitable access to mental health care for children and families in our Los Angeles community. Learn how you can help: childrensinstitute.org/donate
- May is #MentalHealthMonth and no one should struggle alone. Together, we can break the cycle of generational trauma within our communities. If you need support, get in touch at childrensinstitute.org/contact
- Did you know pediatric orgs declared a national emergency in youth mental health due to the pandemic & ongoing structural injustices? May is #MentalHealthMonth & I support equitable access to mental health care for kids in our Los Angeles community. childrensinstitute.org
INFORMATION ABOUT TRAUMA
- May is #MentalHealthMonth and no one should have to struggle alone. Take some time to check in with yourself and recognize the different ways stress and trauma can affect our minds and bodies. When you’re ready, reach out for help: childrensinstitute.org/contact
- May is #MentalHealthMonth and its important to recognize the many causes of trauma, including violence, discrimination and poverty. Together, we can make a difference: childrensinstitute.org/donate
TIPS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH SYMPTOMS OF TRAUMA
- May is #MentalHealthMonth and no one should have to struggle alone. Check out these tips on how to deal with symptoms of trauma. If you’re looking for support, reach out: childrensinstitute.org/contact
SIGNS YOU MIGHT NOT BE OKAY (AND IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY!)
- May is #MentalHealthMonth, take some time to check in with yourself and recognize the different ways stress and trauma can affect our minds and bodies. When you’re ready, reach out for help: childrensinstitute.org/contact