Tens of thousands of children and families throughout Los Angeles County need our help.
You can make a difference in the life of a child who is at risk by volunteering in one or more of our programs:
- Assisting teachers in our Head Start, Early Head Start, and preschool programs
- Reading to young children (ages 3-8)
- Teaching children how to use computers
- Tutoring children in math reading, and language skills (Elementary School Ages)
- Assisting art instructors in a variety of classes
- Coaching basketball, soccer, or other sports activities
- Create your own program – dance, yoga, health/nutrition, etc.
- Providing onsite help at our Annual Backpack Giveaway, health fairs, holiday parties, crafts events, and other one-day activities.
- Leading your group in a one-day event for our children.
- Helping to provide child-focused activities while parents are in group.
- Helping kids with homework after school.
- Providing administrative assistance in CII programs
- Bringing your group to help beautify CII sites for our children
We’ll help you find the volunteer opportunity that’s right for you.
For more information on volunteering, contact Director of Volunteers Barbara Barnes.
Learn about our successes. View our 2015 Digital Impact Report.
Thank you for considering volunteering with Children’s Institute, Inc. Your help allows us to better assist the families we serve. To apply, please contact Director of Volunteers Barbara Barnes.
Please note that volunteers must be 16 years or older.
Call or Email Us
Please contact Director of Volunteers Barbara Barnes, or call 213.385.5100 for detailed information on how you can become involved today!
« Ways to Help