What is the Enhanced Care Management program?
We ensure individuals and families have access to all the resources they need to stay healthy, empowered, and informed.
Enhanced Care Management and Community Supports (ECM & CS) provided by the Children’s Institute supports eligible Medi-Cal recipients with medical needs and chronic conditions with personalized care to address needs and meet goals. This includes care coordination, system navigation, and full range support for health services to improve day-to-day living and wellbeing.
- Joining the Health Homes Program will not change or take away any Medi-Cal benefits you have now.
- You won’t have to change your doctor or any of your providers.
- Your providers will get extra help to better coordinate your care, including a care coordinator and a care team.
Upon enrollment, a dedicated care coordinator will help you navigate your health benefits. Your care coordinator can also help you find and apply for services in the community, such as food and housing.
Is it free?
Am I eligible?
You may qualify if you or your children have experienced issues including:
- Frequent visits to the emergency room
- Transition from incarceration
- Chronic or complex health conditions, such as:
- Heart attack or stroke
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- Severe mental illness, such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Substance use disorder
What kind of support
can I get?
The ECM program provides six core services, including a full review of needs, strengths and challenges; care planning; individual & family support; health promotion; and referrals to other supportive services. This may look like:
- Linkage to housing services
- Setting health appointments
- Assisting with pharmacy needs
- Setting goals for your health
- Day-to-day wellness activities
- Finding utility assistance programs
- Skills for self-advocacy
How do I sign up?
Fill out the interest form below to see if you qualify, and a Children’s Institute Care Coordinator will be in touch to get you started.