In Kind Donations
Thanks to you, CII has distributed thousands of items to families in need across Los Angeles County. We accept both gently used and new gear and clothing for infants, children and adults.
Please drop off items with our receptionist at CII’s headquarters, the Otis Booth Campus:
2121 W. Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Drop off hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm
Saturdays 9am – 3pm
Before you donate, please…
- Review the list of items we do and do not accept (see below).
- Make sure clothing has been washed and gear has been cleaned. We only accept items that are free of stains and in good condition.
- Be sure that games and toys have all of their pieces and parts.
- Include manuals and instruction books for gear when possible.
- Pack goods in heavy-duty garbage bags or sturdy boxes.
- Determine the estimated value of your donation for tax purposes. Donation value is generally 50% of retail cost.
- For safety reasons, the goods we receive need to be in working order; we have a very small staff and are unable to repair faulty or damaged items.
- Check that the items that you are planning to donate have not been recalled by visiting Consumer Product Safety Commission.
All donations made to Children’s Institute, Inc. are fully tax deductible.
- Baby Items: bassinets, bed rails, blankets, bottles, carseats, cribs, diapers, highchairs, pack n’ plays, safety gates, strollers, stuffed animals, toys
- Art and school supplies
- Hygiene items
- Books, clothing (all ages)
We Cannot Accept
- Large, non-folding infant carriages
- Opened packages of diapers
- USED baby slings, bed rails, car seats, cribs, stuffed animals
- USED bedding, towels
- USED kitchen supplies
« Ways to Help